ZAFEIRIS’ TIP OF THE MONTH
To easily remove the protective wax, leave the Bottarga stick outside of the refrigerator for at least one hour before you cut it with a sharp knife. Keep the remaining waxed Bottarga in the drawer of the refrigerator, covering the exposed part with cling film.
- Plain, into thin slices (accompany with a malt whiskey, slightly smoked).
- With roasted almonds or roasted pine nuts.
- On a buttered slice of bread.
- On top of a 5 minutes boiled egg (could also be on fried, poached or scrambled eggs, too).
- On a melba toast, with spread cheese (i.e.: goat’s cheese, mozzarella etc.).
- With dried figs (could also be on a melba toast with spread cheese, a thin slice of dried fig and a slice of Trikalinos Bottarga).
- With lime zest and chopped chives.
- On a melba toast spread with pate of foie gras.
- With a baked potato, slightly buttered and a pinch of fleur de sel and freshly grind green pepper.
- On a blini with fresh cream, chopped egg whites, chopped chives, lime zest and grind Tellicherry pepper.
|1. Cut a big piece of
|2. Remove wax||3. Slice thinly|